Dr. Srinivas Rajkumar TConsultant Psychiatrist
Experience 9+ Years
Education MD (Psychiatry)
Languages Tamil, English, Hindi
Location T. Nagar - All days
Adambakkam - All days
Adyar - Tuesday Mornings
Dr. Srinivas Rajkumar T is a popular Geriatric Psychiatrist in Chennai. He believes in comprehensive evaluation of mental health conditions following a biopsychosocial approach. He is a patient listener who understands the needs of both patients and family members and helps them understand the illness and make well informed treatment decisions. His treatments usually involve a combination of medications, therapy and behavioral interventions to ensure best possible recovery.
He has been a pioneer in working with cutting-edge devices and techniques for the treatment of mental health conditions. He is well versed with treatment modalities like Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT), repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS), transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS), Ketamine Therapy etc.
Working with Geri Care, he offers outpatient consultations, home visits by psychiatrist and psychologist and emergency psychiatry services.
He is an avid leader and teacher. He has worked with NGOs, Colleges, Schools, Technology Companies, TV/Media/News organisations to promote mental health literacy and also deliver mental health care interventions to all strata of the society.
He routinely addresses geriatric mental health conditions like Elderly Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Anxiety, Sleep disturbances, Addiction, Dementia, OCD, Schizophrenia, Behavioral Issues etc and ensures they are treated optimally based on best prescription standards meeting global standards. Elderly require careful attention to past psychiatric history, comorbidities and other medications they are on to ensure that they get the right medication for their diagnosis with least side effects. We at gericare have developed an elderly friendly psychiatry evaluation process to make sure these goals are met.
To address the underdiagnosis of dementia and mental health conditions for patients who continue to receive treatment for other conditions, we have set up a Mind and Memory Clinic where Mental Health Professionals (Psychiatrist and Psychologist) work closely with Geriatricians to address this gap in diagnosis and treatment.
His goal is to ensure that the highest quality of mental health care is made available at an affordable cost to every citizen of the country.
- M.D (Psychiatry) - All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- M.B.B.S. - Madurai Medical College, Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India
- Murugappan award by Indian Psychiatric Society for best thesis work. - ANCIPS 2019
Memberships & Certifications
- Life member of Indian Psychiatric Society
Works & Presentations
- Conducted one among the initial studies in the country to assess prefrontal cortical activity using fNIRS in children with ADHD as a part of MD Thesis.
- Speaker on Childhood Dissociation in Trauma Conclave in AIIMS, New Delhi
- Speaker on fNIRS: Scope and Limitations in IIT-AIIMS Joint Workshop conducted at NBRC, Gurgaon
- Speaker on Mental Health Awareness: Ramjas College
- Speaker on Mental Health Awareness and Early Interventions: Dr. Akhilesh Das Gupta Institute of Technology & Management
- Speaker on Mental Health Literacy and Lifestyle Changes - Tech Mahindra
- Rajkumar S, Balhara YP, Sarkar S. Cannabis-induced psychosis or Cannabis-associated psychosis: Diagnostically no clear winner. J Mental Health Hum Behav 2016;21:55-7
- Kumar S, Singh S, Singh K, Rajkumar S, Balhara YPS. Prevalence and pattern of problematic internet use among engineering students from different colleges in India. Indian J Psychiatry. 2019 Nov-Dec;61(6):578-583
- Balhara YPS, Kumar S, Singh S, Singh K, Rajkumar S. Challenges with use of internet use duration criteria as a marker of problematic internet use: Observations based on the receiver-operator curve-based analysis of data from the students. Asian J Psychiatr. 2021 Oct;64:102770. doi: 10.1016/j.ajp.2021.102770. Epub 2021 Jul 14. PMID: 34274816
- Poster titled “Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation(rTMS) induced Seizure in a Patient with Schizophrenia: A Case Report and Critical Analysis” in GCBP 2018 – author
- Poster titled “Profile of patients visiting Child Guidance Clinic of AIIMS, New Delhi in WASP, New Delhi ” in WASP 2016 – co-author
- Poster titled Recent advances in Neuromodulation – How miniaturization of circuits and understanding of neurobiological basis of illnesses has enabled precise control of specific neuronal circuits - A narrative review in GCBP 2018 - co-author
- Poster titled Hypomania after tDCS for Depression:- Indicator of therapeutic response or adverse effect? in GCBP 2018 - co-author
- Poster titled “Seizure and Psychosis: Forced Normalisation – A case report and Narrative Review” – author in ANCIPS 2019
- Poster titled “ Attenuated Psychosis Syndrome a Narrative Review ” co-author in ANCIPS 2019.